Saturday, August 23, 2008

No Sugar or Add Sugar?


Lexus like “The relentless Pursuit of Perfection” of the natural taste in tea leaf is how Japanese green teas are produced; it makes sense to drink and enjoy the pure natural taste without any additives.


But there is always exception in life, and in this case is no exception. I think that KonaSencha tastes a bit too grassy, but if I add a little sugar or milk it makes very tasty nice sweet cold drink. Also Matcha goes well with cream as you know how good the Matcha Ice Cream is.

“No Sugar or Add Sugar?” is like another “Tea First or Milk First quest?

4 comments:

Diane said...

Once I started drinking Sencha from PacLeaf, I stopped using sugar. I love the wonderful aroma and the grassy taste.

I do, however, use a little honey when I make matcha.

Chajin Yoetsu said...

Thank you for the input, diane.
I suppose that honey is healthier and better sweetener than sugar.
I wonder how good are agave and stevia for green tea sweetener?

Diane said...

I use agave in China green teas. I use three or four drops and it sweetens the tea just right.

Chajin Yoetsu said...

One of my local nurseries got to hold of the seeds of stevia few year back. I bought a few starts from him. I remember that it had a quite strong sweet taste just by chewing a leaf. I dried the leaves, but forgot where I stored, so I didn't use it in my tea. Come to think of it, I only sweeten my tea or coffee when they taste not so good to drink by itself.